No one is born a great cook. Becoming a wiz in the kitchen takes time. The best place to start is with a few amazing recipes to get yourself comfortable in the kitchen and keep your stomach satisfied—especially when it comes to a vegan lifestyle.
Vegan meals may seem complicated to assemble, but in reality, vegan food can actually be made into delicious dishes with minimal effort or skill.
While using meal prep services are great when you are feeling unmotivated to cook, being able to whip up a delicious and healthy vegan meal on your own can be incredibly rewarding!
If you’re new to the kitchen and want to cook yourself some tasty and nutritious vegan meals, we’ve rounded up a collection of easy vegan recipes that anyone can make.
Check out these easy vegan recipes for beginners that are easy to assemble and even easier to eat!
Easy Vegan Meals for Beginners
A fresh take on a classic Mexican dish. These vegan mango and black bean tacos are full of flavor and texture and are hardy enough to help you feel full for longer. These tacos take almost no time to make and the filling can be saved as meal prep for future meals throughout the week.
Cook time: 10 minutes
- – 2 mangos, diced
- – ½ red onion, diced
- – 1 red bell pepper, diced
- – Juice of 1 lime
- – Handful of cilantro, chopped
- – 2 avocados, diced
- – 1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- – Salt to taste
- – 10 to 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- – Mango salsa and/or choice of hot sauce
- 1. Combine mango, red onion, red bell pepper, lime juice, chopped cilantro, avocado, black beans in a medium mixing bowl.
- 2. Add a pinch of salt, taste, and adjust if needed. Place the bowl in the fridge to chill until it’s ready to be used.
- 3. Warm the tortillas. Scoop about half of a cup of the fruit and veggie taco mix into the centre of each tortilla.
- 4. Fold and serve.
- 5. Add your favourite salsa and/or hot sauce to finish (optional).
A savory vegan version of a timeless classic. Go for this vegan recipe when it’s cool outside and you feel like curling up under a blanket. This dish only takes 10 minutes to prepare which makes it nice and easy but the 30 minute bake time is what will test your patience and build anticipation.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- – 1/2 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- – 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- – 1 tsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- – 1 tsp ground turmeric
- – 1 tsp dry mustard
- – 1/2 tsp salt
- – Ground black pepper, to taste
- – 1/4 tsp granulated garlic (not garlic salt)
- – Pinch, ground nutmeg
- – 1 cup unsweetened soymilk or other non-dairy milk
- – 3 cups dry macaroni noodles
- – 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- – 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- – 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- 2. In a large pot, boil water that has been well salted.
- 3. Cook macaroni noodles according to the directions on their package.
- 4. Drain the water and add the cooked noodles back into the large pot.
- 5. Steam the cauliflower until tender then add it into a food processor or blender with 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, turmeric, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, nutmeg, and milk. Purée the mixture until smooth. Once blended to the consistency of your liking, pour over cooked noodles, and mix to combine. Add to a large, oven-proof casserole dish.
- 6. In a small bowl, combine panko, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast, and the remaining 2 tsp of oil. Add on top of the macaroni noodles with breadcrumbs.
- 7. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until crispy on top.
- 8. Enjoy!
Enjoy a plant-based curry that is easy to make! With minimal chopping and a 20-minute cook time, this curry is perfect for beginners looking for vegan dinner recipes. This recipe yields 4 servings and will keep well in the fridge for leftovers.
Cook time: 20 minutes
- – 2 teaspoons avocado oil or canola oil
- – 1 cup chopped onion
- – 1 cup diced bell pepper
- – 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- – 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- – 1 ½ cups coconut curry simmer sauce
- – ½ cup vegetable broth
- – 4 cups baby spinach
- – 2 cups precooked brown rice, heated
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Combine onion, pepper, and zucchini. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until the vegetables begin to brown, stirring often.
- 2. In the same skillet, stir in chickpeas, coconut curry simmer sauce, and broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Add in the spinach just before it’s ready.
- 4. Serve over rice.
- 5. Add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce (optional).
- 6. Enjoy!
Vegan Cooking Tips
To speed up the cooking process, buy your vegetables pre-cut from the grocery store. You can often find these at the salad bar or in the bagged produce section. If buying your fresh veggies pre-cut is not an option, consider chopping them the night before or on your day off and storing them in the fridge. Prepping the ingredients will make preparing your vegan meals much easier.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for some inspiration and want half the work done for you, you can consider ordering a vegan meal kit.
Vegano’s meal kits come with three gourmet plant-based meals that are flavourful, nutritious, and incredibly easy to make. Here is a sampler of one of our favourite vegan recipes.
Oven-roasted beets marinated with warming spices are nestled on a bed of tender frisée lettuce and a satisfying portion of our house-made garlic hummus.
Cook time: 20 minutes
- – Vegano Shawarma Roasted Beets
- – Pita Bread
- – Vegano Garlic Hummus
- – Frisée Lettuce
- – Vegano Crispy Chickpeas
- – Vegano Pickled Red Onion
- 1. Remove Vegano Shawarma Roasted Beets, Vegano Garlic Hummus, Vegano Pickled Red Onion, Vegano Crispy Chickpeas, and frisée lettuce from the bag to prepare for cooking.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- 3. Place beets onto a lined or non-stick baking tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are lightly charred.
- 4. Remove the pita bread from the package and heat it up for a couple of minutes in the microwave, toaster, or household oven until it is soft and fragrant. Cut into triangles.
- 5. Spread the Vegano Garlic Hummus on two plates. Cover with frisée lettuce and carefully layer roasted beets on top. Top with Vegano Crispy Chickpeas and Vegano Pickled Red Onion. Serve pita bread triangles on the side.
Enjoy this and so many other delicious and easy vegan recipes when ordering through Vegano Foods. Some of our other wonderful recipes include:
Our mouth-watering recipe library is full of easy vegan recipes that make living a plant-based lifestyle easy, delicious, and nutritious.